CheckESNFree - Forum

Full Version: Clear ESN Verizon but Stolen Under US IMEI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This verizon note 3 990004366774986 reports clear and ready for activation under verizon but shows stolen/blacklisted under US IMEI Blacklist. Please explain
(02-08-2014 10:08 PM)topurdue Wrote: [ -> ]This verizon note 3 990004366774986 reports clear and ready for activation under verizon but shows stolen/blacklisted under US IMEI Blacklist. Please explain

Anybody?
This is the first time we've seen this happen. However, the wireless carriers control this information. There is absolutely nothing we can do but advise people check Sprint and Verizon devices on the IMEI Blacklist as well as the carrier.

Soon we will have the server check the IMEI blacklist on Sprint and Verizon devices automatically.
Wanted to bump this and ask if anybody knows if Verizon is only going to add devices to the IMEI Blacklist that are reported lost/stolen or are they adding Unpaid Bill/Broken Contract phones as well?

I thought the Blacklist was only for Stolen/Lost devices, not broken contract/non-payment. As least it has been in my experience with AT&T and T-Mobile. For example, unpaid financed device with T-Mobile will get blocked internally at T-Mobile but can still be unlocked and used on AT&T.
The "IMEI Blacklist" is for lost or stolen IMEI equipped devices only. It does cover all 4 major carriers.
(02-09-2014 08:12 AM)topurdue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2014 10:08 PM)topurdue Wrote: [ -> ]This verizon note 3 990004366774986 reports clear and ready for activation under verizon but shows stolen/blacklisted under US IMEI Blacklist. Please explain

Anybody?

i have seen this happen under the following circumstance:

it could have been a verizon phone that was unlocked(note 3 comes unlocked) and used on another carrier(at&t, t-mobile, MVNO, etc.) that was than lost or stolen. i know t-mobile will list whatever phone the customer was using on the blacklist if requested. Verizon would not be part of the process and therefore the phone would remain clean in their internal database.
No, Verizon checks IMEIs against the IMEI blacklist now. If a Verizon IMEI is blacklisted no matter who did it, it should show up as "stolenESN" using Verizon.
(04-04-2014 10:50 PM)deathtrip Wrote: [ -> ]No, Verizon checks IMEIs against the IMEI blacklist now. If a Verizon IMEI is blacklisted no matter who did it, it should show up as "stolenESN" using Verizon.

I use a Pageplus, a Verizon MVNO. My iPhone 4 was stolen. Pageplus will not blacklist it because they say they can't prove ownership even though I have the original box and accessories. I've already registered the phone at mystolenphone.com. Is it possible to have Verizon blacklist it even though I am not a direct customer of theirs?
If it's a Verizon iPhone 4, then it doesn't have an IMEI anyway, so it can't be put on the IMEI Blacklist.

As for how PagePlus and Verizon work to add/remove devices from their internal lost/stolen database, that is something I don't know.

You're best to just call PagePlus and try and convince someone to help you... Tongue
I'm also experiencing the same thing with a iPhone 6 plus. Using it on Verizon but coming up as blacklisted on the national black list database. When I search under Verizon it says "callCheck" but since it's working I haven't called.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's