CheckESNFree - Forum

Full Version: I don't see Sprint in the carrier listing drop down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came here to check some Sprint iPhone 4 devices I received accidentally in a lot of Verizon wholesale phones. I don't see Sprint listed in the carrier dropdown list anymore?

Can you not check Sprint ESNs anymore?
Well, it's a long story, and I'll be willing to post more about everything once we figure out what is going to happen with our Sprint access. Things are just on hold at the moment.
(06-02-2014 11:47 AM)deathtrip Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's a long story, and I'll be willing to post more about everything once we figure out what is going to happen with our Sprint access. Things are just on hold at the moment.

Do you have an update on this Deathtrip?
I'll post a little bit of info since things don't seem to be going anywhere.

A while back we were working with a Sprint MVNO that was supplying us with the ESN check API for Sprint.

On March 17th we received a cease and desist directly from Sprint to stop working with the Sprint MVNO and any other Sprint MVNO who would be interested in working with us. Their reasoning was that the website was providing a means that aided in "terrorist activities" by allowing bots to validate random and pools of ESN numbers to find clean ones to flash to phones which would then be sent overseas. Now, we've worked very hard to implement monitors/tools to prevent any form of bot activities from using our site so not too sure where all that came from.

At that moment we had to cancel the Sprint ESN check on the site until we could get things figured out and see what went wrong. After several weeks of trying to reach some form of agreement and getting no where we contacted another Sprint MVNO in an attempt to setup some form of agreement to once again start offering the ESN check service on our site.

On April 23rd we reached an agreement with RingPlus that would allow us to once again have access to the API and would also compensate them for their time, efforts, and providing us access to the API. We signed a contract that stated the terms and was good for one year (April 23 2015). Once we were provided with the API information and incorporated it into our site, we enabled Sprint again but also requiring a CAPTCHA as we were told that is what Sprint said we had to do.

Around May 17th RingPlus contacted us and informed us that they would have to suspend our access while they and Sprint discuss some issues they're seeing with our website and our access to the API. For several months RingPlus has failed to keep to their signed contract terms, and as of lately has refused to even communicate with us.

We have our theories that it all has to do with Ting and another website's agreements, but we can't 100% prove it. So right now we just wait and see what happens.
Reference URL's