CheckESNFree - Forum

Full Version: Trouble activating S4 and S5 devices on Sprint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I resell a lot of Samsung S4 and S5 Sprint phones, and this week I am getting a ton of complaints from customers not being able to activate them. All phones were previously checked to have clean ESNs and still show as clean. Sprint is giving variety of reasons, from phone flashed, to not a Sprint device, or bad esn and even saying that they don' t know why its not activating. When I get the device back, non of those reasons check out, and I have not idea what the issue is. Anyone out there having the same problems?
I purchased an S4 from digicircle in Dec. I had no problem activating the Sprint phone on Ting. A month later, I decided to take it off of Ting and replace it with another phone. I have tried to sell the S4 3 times. All 3 times, I've had to buy it back, because the people who tried to activate it on Sprint could not. I've spent hours on the phone with Sprint only to get inconsistent answers, hung up on, etc. I've gone to Sprint stores with the phone, and they will not help me either. I then decided to just keep the phone and put it back on Ting. Ting then said that the phone was no longer able to be activated on their service. I waited a couple of days, called Ting back, and now the phone CAN be activated on their service. At this point, I'm completely confused. I really just want to sell the phone, but I have no idea where it can be activated. ESN check says it's clear - "(Clear (Sprint / MVNO) - Device appears to be activation ready."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The device has to be migrated back to Sprint PCS before it can be used on Sprint. When a Sprint device is migrated to PLBL, it is no longer able to be used on Sprint postpaid service until it is migrated back.

Ting, Kajeet, EcoMobile, and many other BYOSD services CAN do this for you.
Reference URL's