CheckESNFree - Forum

Full Version: Why is Verizon Manually Activating Phones ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, this has happened twice within the past couple of weeks. A person has removed their active sim from their current phone and placed the sim into the phone I sold the (note 4/s5) and the phone would not activate. The phone would register the sim info w/ their phone number, but couldn't make calls or connect to the internet. I've had to call, give them the imei/sim info and they had to manually activate the phone. The Verizon reps just says sometimes the old system fails to activate the phone and they have to manually do it. I've sold a lot of Verizon phones in the past and never had to do this and all of a sudden twice. I think they are changing their process, not sure why or what they intent would be, but to all of a sudden have this happen twice is more than a coincidence.
Not really sure what would be causing that to happen as I've not really heard of that before now.

Keep us posted.
(07-08-2015 02:17 AM)deathtrip Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure what would be causing that to happen as I've not really heard of that before now.

Keep us posted.

I'll update, but most of the times the phone's are not in my hands when they are activated so I don't hear about it... Some other changes that have coincided with this is you can no longer put in the 14 digit meid and get the clean esn result that you could always do before with verizon phones. Even when it would always say call check with the 15 digit imei.. So, that's out the window.. Definitely revamping their activation server/process. Not sure what effect any of this will have on the end user. Verizon Reps are insisting on having the Sim Number to tell you if the phone is okay to put on another line. Even after explaining to them that ill buy another sim that doesn't matter. blah..
Anyways, after seeing Verizon announce today that subsidizing phones will end Aug 13. They will become like T-Mobile and you can pull full price or make monthly payments.
Reference URL's