CheckESNFree - Forum
PLEASE HELP ! - Printable Version

+- CheckESNFree - Forum (http://checkesnfree.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Providers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Sprint (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PLEASE HELP ! (/showthread.php?tid=142)

PLEASE HELP ! - fuzzwuzz1 - 09-01-2012 11:36 AM

I BOUGHT A sprint samsung galaxy s epic. i called sprint to activate it but they told me that it was flashed for cricket. is there any way i can unflash it to put it for sprint?? the esn was clean. but they said that they couldnt program it because its programed to cricket

RE: PLEASE HELP ! - deathtrip - 09-01-2012 11:55 AM

Sprint has absolutely no way of knowing if a phone you have was "flashed" to another carrier, unless you take it to a Sprint store and they physically see the settings in the phone's config, or you tell them "Hey it was flashed to Cricket".

Anyway, if the ESN is clean and doesn't show the (Not PostPay) notice, you can activate it on your account, then go through the settings and change them to meet those for Sprint as outlined below.

There are a few steps involved IF it is indeed flashed to Cricket.

!!! First do a HARD RESET or Factory Reset. !!!

There are a few different tools out there for doing this, one being CDMAWorkshop, another being QPST.

1: Change back to the latest Sprint PRL file.
2: Set the MSL back to the default 6 digit MSL code (Sprint will provide this upon activating, by request).
3: Edit the MDN and MSID to match the settings for your Sprint account.
4: Delete EVDO Profile0 and Profile1

You should have talk/text but no data. You can TRY to do an OTA update on the device, but I don't know if it will work with Profile0 being gone, or even if you leave it with the Cricket values.

If the OTA update completes as it should, you should then have data, if it fails, take it to a Sprint corporate store and tell them something happened to the device and data stopped working and ask them to fix it for you. They should do it for free, but might charge $30

Good luck.

RE: PLEASE HELP ! - fuzzwuzz1 - 09-10-2012 11:37 AM

(09-01-2012 11:55 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Sprint has absolutely no way of knowing if a phone you have was "flashed" to another carrier, unless you take it to a Sprint store and they physically see the settings in the phone's config, or you tell them "Hey it was flashed to Cricket".

Anyway, if the ESN is clean and doesn't show the (Not PostPay) notice, you can activate it on your account, then go through the settings and change them to meet those for Sprint as outlined below.

There are a few steps involved IF it is indeed flashed to Cricket.

!!! First do a HARD RESET or Factory Reset. !!!

There are a few different tools out there for doing this, one being CDMAWorkshop, another being QPST.

1: Change back to the latest Sprint PRL file.
2: Set the MSL back to the default 6 digit MSL code (Sprint will provide this upon activating, by request).
3: Edit the MDN and MSID to match the settings for your Sprint account.
4: Delete EVDO Profile0 and Profile1

You should have talk/text but no data. You can TRY to do an OTA update on the device, but I don't know if it will work with Profile0 being gone, or even if you leave it with the Cricket values.

If the OTA update completes as it should, you should then have data, if it fails, take it to a Sprint corporate store and tell them something happened to the device and data stopped working and ask them to fix it for you. They should do it for free, but might charge $30

Good luck.

thanks alot