CheckESNFree - Forum
Information regarding Sprint's database. - Printable Version

+- CheckESNFree - Forum (http://checkesnfree.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Providers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Sprint (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Information regarding Sprint's database. (/showthread.php?tid=199)

Information regarding Sprint's database. - deathtrip - 10-28-2012 06:32 PM

So I recently had a phone conference with an individual I deal with at Sprint.

This individual informed me about why ESNs that show up clean, but actually be activated due to being tied to an existing account are done because the devices are currently in a "collection" state.

His explanation was that once a line is canceled, the device is removed from active status from the network. Now, if the line has an ETF, or a balance owed, that device is placed on a hold for 60-90 days. After this hold period the device is placed on "collection" for another 7-9 months.

He said that after this "hold" and "collection" period are over, the ESN will usually be released and free to use by someone else.

Unfortunately, all we can see is if the device is active, inactive, lost/stolen, fraudulent, or if it's registered in the Sprint DB or not.

We currently can NOT see if a device is stuck in limbo due to collections hold as that is an activation issue internally.

Sorry for the bad news, but until we can get access to see the handsets that have the collections hold on them, we're out of luck.

Note, devices that come back with a bad ESN, Lost/Stolen or Fraudulent ESN are 100% accurate and this notification has no bearing on those devices.

RE: Information regarding Sprint's database. - ppd808 - 10-29-2012 03:14 AM

Bummer. Lol