Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Straight Talk w/ AT&T Still getting Top Speeds?
08-05-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 06:33 PM by TravisSanders.)
[quote='deathtrip' pid='1794' dateline='1375717538']
I've received several SIMs doing what I described above. The system doesn't have a limitation to which account the SIM can be used on.

Usually just call up, tell them you got a SIM that the website won't let you activate. They'll ask for the SIM number, tell them one of a bad SIM, expired SIM, or give them one with the last number changed on it. They'll attempt it on their end and once they see it fails, they'll send you a new one.

Mine come from some Straight Talk facility in Indiana so they're usually here next day.
[/quote]

So when I call in will I be expected to pay for a month of service in order to be successful at getting a ATT sim card this way?

[quote=

Usually just call up, tell them you got a SIM that the website won't let you activate. They'll ask for the SIM number, tell them one of a bad SIM, expired SIM, or give them one with the last number changed on it. They'll attempt it on their end and once they see it fails, they'll send you a new one.

[/quote]

I just tried. I called and tried to activate a new line of service in the byop department. I gave them the BYOP sim number of my old Portland Oregon phone number from August 2012. They said it wont work and transferred me to some kind of resolutions department. And then they said that sim number is not working She asked where I bough it. I said eBay. Then she said its not in our database sorry you will have to obtain a sim card with a valid sim number. She said it is possible that my sim card is not a BYOP sim or it is not a straight talk sim number at all.

Talk about having a service card pin or being ready to pay for a month with a visa did not come up. Except in the recordings before I was allowed to talk to any one is said it would be required to complete the activation proses and told me to have the info ready.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Straight Talk w/ AT&T Still getting Top Speeds? - TravisSanders - 08-05-2013 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)