Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP!!!!
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello Everybody.. First Off I Wanna Say I Love This Website.. Its Helped Me Out Alot With Checking Esn's.. But This Time I Have A Problem..

Ok So Im Trying To Sell My Samsung Galaxy s3, But It Shows Up As Bad Esn.. Its Not Lost Or Stolen, Nor Do I Owe Money On My Account.. I Bought The Phone Directly From Sprint..

So I Would Just Like To Know If Anyone Can Help Me Out In Knowing Why Does My Phone Show Up As Bad Esn?? Any Response Is Welcome..

Thanks!!!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Are you using the phone right now? Can you make/receive calls on it?

Is the phone active on your account?

If YES, then that is why. You need to swap the phone off your account for another phone.

Once the phone is no longer on your account, meaning it isn't in use, it will be clean.

09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
(09-04-2012 11:27 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Are you using the phone right now? Can you make/receive calls on it?

Is the phone active on your account?

If YES, then that is why. You need to swap the phone off your account for another phone.

Once the phone is no longer on your account, meaning it isn't in use, it will be clean.

Hey Thanks For Replying.. And yeah its in use right now.. I can receive and make calls, aswell as text messages.. but what i noticed was when i had a iphone 4s and would check my own esn it would say clean.. and just to make sure i even checked my cousins galaxy s2 and its in use, and has clean esn..

but if what youre saying is the reason why and i hope it is the reason why then i should have no problem getting a new phone and the s3 would be clean esn...

thanks for the help!!

09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
If the phone is in use or active, it can't say clean ESN.

11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
(09-04-2012 03:01 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  If the phone is in use or active, it can't say clean ESN.

So, any devices "in usage" or "tied to account" will always show "ESN not clean" ?

What does make it different with the "real bad ESN" devices?

Huh

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
(11-07-2012 04:39 PM)ryan-isra Wrote:  So, any devices "in usage" or "tied to account" will always show "ESN not clean" ? Yes

What does make it different with the "real bad ESN" devices? What?

Huh

11-08-2012, 08:42 AM
(11-07-2012 06:02 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 04:39 PM)ryan-isra Wrote:  So, any devices "in usage" or "tied to account" will always show "ESN not clean" ? Yes

What does make it different with the "real bad ESN" devices? What?

Huh

I still didn't get it. Why would it say "Not clean" when the device is "in usage". Once the iPhone is no longer in use (i.e. turned off and being shipped overseas), the checker should say "it's clean"?

What I mean was "how to differ between 'stolen device' and 'in usage device'.
Or, do you have any such Wiki explanation about this?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Before Sunday, we could show you if the device was lost/stolen, clean, not clean, blacklisted, or if it had been migrated from Sprint's post-paid to Sprint's pre-paid MVNOs.

Ever since the system updates Sprint did on Sunday night, things have been broken.

1: ESN's tied to accounts, or active are marked as BAD because obviously someone else can't activate it on their account UNTIL it is removed from the current account.

2: As far as I know, lost/stolen/blacklisted devices will currently come back as "clean" since they system ISN'T telling us anything specifically regarding those handsets.

11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
any ideas on when sprint might be back online and working properly? thanks in advance.

11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Nope. Maybe never. No idea.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)