Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Showing clean but not clean
09-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon. It is showing up clean on the site, but when I call in to customer support they tell me that it's reported lost/stolen...something is weird here, I've never had issues with checking Verizon ESNs. I also noticed when I hit Check ESN , on the next page where I am told the ESN is clean, the last digit of the ESN is taken off? Why is that? The reason I ask is..I know that with Verizon LTE phones, if you take off the last digit of bad ESN phones it shows clean and wondered if there was some relation.

-Carrie Ann

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Can you supply the MEID/IMEI for that phone?

The thing is, with almost all LTE devices on VZW, you do not have to have it on the account to use it. You just put your SIM into the phone and go, as VZW hasn't started blacklisting them from functioning.

Also, I don't know how VZW registers most LTE devices. I don't know if they're doing them off the IMEI only, or by dropping the last digit of the IMEI and registering it by the MEID.

But, if you enter the IMEI or MEID and it shows clean, and shows the model information, then it should be perfectly fine as it passed Verizon's internal CSR dummy activation.

09-04-2012, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 08:47 PM by deathtrip.)
Yes sorry I forgot: <removed by deathtrip>

09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Okay, I've checked, and that device is clean for activation.

If you're concerned, try checking with VZW Tech Support and see what they say.

A lot of the time, VZW reps will lie in an attempt to get you to buy a new device, or because they're lazy and don't want to lookup used devices.

09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I had a similar question regarding Verizon lte phones. I was under the impression that the number CDMA networks use to register phones is the esn number. Why is it that the galaxy s3 has only an imei number behind the battery? Is that the number that your supposed to input to check if it's clean? I've never really dealt with Verizon phones so any help will be appreciated.

09-05-2012, 07:57 PM
LTE devices work a little differently than CDMA so they have an IMEI, but Verizon and Sprint drop the last number from the IMEI to make the MEID. The S-III is an LTE device which accepts a SIM card to function so it has an IMEI .

09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh ok. Thanks I just figured that out. But to check them on this website we input the full imei number correct? So when activating them all you have to do is pop in your lte sim card and your good to go? You don't need to call Verizon to activate them?.

09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Correct.

You can enter the full IMEI if you want, we drop the trailing digit anyway.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)