Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ESN Shows clear, but Verizon says reported lost/stolen
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I have droid 2 that checks clean here but Verizon says its on lost/stolen list. Any chance esn checker is wrong?
ESN# A00000228F4623

Thanks.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Nope. If it shows the ESN is clean with the Make/Model of the device, that means it passed the VZW activation portal.

Their server tells us what the make and model of the device is when the ESN comes back clean, that's how we know it's clean.

11-19-2012, 08:16 PM
(11-02-2012 02:44 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Nope. If it shows the ESN is clean with the Make/Model of the device, that means it passed the VZW activation portal.

Their server tells us what the make and model of the device is when the ESN comes back clean, that's how we know it's clean.

Can you please tell me what to do with a Samsung S III that tested clear here but verizon says is lost or stolen. I want to use it on an existing line with verizon. Please help... discouraged hereConfused Undecided

11-20-2012, 09:15 AM
There's an issue in Verizon's system when it comes to LTE devices.

For some reason, they're not marrying the MEID and IMEI for LTE devices on Verizon.

When you check the IMEI what does it show you?

11-22-2012, 05:44 PM
(11-19-2012 08:16 PM)tj.luvs Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 02:44 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Nope. If it shows the ESN is clean with the Make/Model of the device, that means it passed the VZW activation portal.

Can you please tell me what to do with a Samsung S III that tested clear here but verizon says is lost or stolen. I want to use it on an existing line with verizon. Please help... discouraged hereConfused Undecided

I had a similar issue verizon first said esn is stolen/lost but if you take it to the store tell them i need a sim card to activate the phone it will work

that the only way i got my phone s3 on verizon working the rep said bad esn but in store with micro sim it worked...

12-23-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm having the same problems with an ipad 3 i bought on craigslist. this site says the esn is clean but the verizon store said the esn is bad (lost/stolen). they tired installing two different lte sim cards but neither worked since the esn was bad. any ideas on how or if i can even activate this ipad to work on the verizon network?

12-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I have a hard time believing that.

First, did you check the IMEI or the MEID ? On Verizon's system they are NOT married (at this time), meaning that if they blacklist the IMEI for the LTE SIM, the ESN will usually still show as clean.

12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
(12-23-2012 09:21 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  I have a hard time believing that.

First, did you check the IMEI or the MEID ? On Verizon's system they are NOT married (at this time), meaning that if they blacklist the IMEI for the LTE SIM, the ESN will usually still show as clean.

I checked both the imei and the meid. I even double checked today. Both say the esn you have provided is clean. I'm starting to lose hope. I thought I was smart checking the imei and meid before purchasing it.

12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Can you give me the IMEI?

12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
(12-23-2012 09:00 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Can you give me the IMEI?

Im having the same problems now. the esn says its clean but verizon has tried two different sim cards and now they said the ID on the ipad is bad.
My IMEI is 990001308618461

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)