Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ESN Shows clear, but Verizon says reported lost/stolen
12-30-2012, 01:46 PM
The ID on the iPad?

I've verified with Verizon and that IMEI (as well as the MEID HEX) and they've reported the device is good and ready to go.

I checked with Verizon's online Activation portal and it shows it is an iPad 2 and is ready to activate and suggests buying a SIM card for the activation.

Not sure what problem you're having with the device.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2013, 06:07 PM
(12-30-2012 01:46 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  The ID on the iPad?

I've verified with Verizon and that IMEI (as well as the MEID HEX) and they've reported the device is good and ready to go.

I checked with Verizon's online Activation portal and it shows it is an iPad 2 and is ready to activate and suggests buying a SIM card for the activation.

Not sure what problem you're having with the device.

Death,

I dont mean to bring up an old thread dude but this is becoming much more widespread.. these phones arent coming up as lost or stolen UNTIL an active LTE SIM is put in them.. Every Verizon rep will tell you its clean, your site will say its clean and even Verizons device eligibility website will say its clean..

I bought a Note 2 and ran the IMEI AND MEID 3 times as well as calling Verizon.. Sold the phone and the customer put their LTE card in and their account was immediately banned due to lost or stolen device.. I dont know what to do but you need to list a disclaimer on the Verizon checker immediately that its good for NON LTE phones.. Im going to have to flash it to Page Plus or Cricket or sell it on eBay as a bad ESN Sad either way im losing money.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-14-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm going to get in touch with Verizon to find out some more info on this subject.

04-17-2013, 10:41 AM
(04-14-2013 08:36 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  I'm going to get in touch with Verizon to find out some more info on this subject.

Let me know what you find.. I just got the phone back from eBay and Im taking it over to the Verizon store where I have some friends. Please tell me what you find out death and Ill do the same.

05-03-2013, 07:20 AM
(04-17-2013 10:41 AM)digisolnc Wrote:  
(04-14-2013 08:36 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  I'm going to get in touch with Verizon to find out some more info on this subject.

Let me know what you find.. I just got the phone back from eBay and Im taking it over to the Verizon store where I have some friends. Please tell me what you find out death and Ill do the same.

I had the same problem with my Samsung S3 i bought off craigslist, it activated at the store, I then bought another one and popped my sim out to test the new phone and when I put my sim back in my S3 it wouldnt activate and suspended my account. Talking with verizon on the phone they stated the phone was stolen or reported lost and black listed. They couldn't explain why it activated in the first place. I eventually went to the store and they unsuspended my account and all was well. I am afraid if I sell it that the next guy will not be able to activate it?

05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Dunno because Verizon isn't currently showing IMEIs as blacklisted when checked.

They will be required to report them to the IMEI Blacklist database soon, but we'd really like to see them add their own blacklist output data.

05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
(12-27-2012 01:00 PM)Offerstime Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 09:00 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Can you give me the IMEI?

Im having the same problems now. the esn says its clean but verizon has tried two different sim cards and now they said the ID on the ipad is bad.
My IMEI is 990001308618461

Its Me
What about the IMEI-990002729192755
Its Clean or Blacklisted and Unlockable?
plz..

05-06-2013, 08:07 PM
(05-06-2013 11:43 AM)Jr Telecom Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 01:00 PM)Offerstime Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 09:00 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Can you give me the IMEI?

Im having the same problems now. the esn says its clean but verizon has tried two different sim cards and now they said the ID on the ipad is bad.
My IMEI is 990001308618461

Its Me
What about the IMEI-990002729192755
Its Clean or Blacklisted and Unlockable?
plz..

It is showing as clean but the only way to know for sure is to activate it. As for unlockable, it is a verizon iphone 5 which comes factory unlocked. It will work on att, tmobile or any of their mvnos like simple mobile or family mobile. Only thing is, you will only get 4g lte on verizon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)