Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sprint says clean, checkesn says bad esn
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
i have a samsung galaxy s 3 that i purchased last week. the day i bought it, i checked esn/meid with checkesnfree...it came back clean. i am aware of sprint system being down this morning and previously...now i checked the esn again and it comes back bad. i called sprint and they say its not been reported lost or stolen, and its eligible to be added to an account. i need to make sure because i have it listed on ebay as clean esn and dont want to be burned if it turns out its bad. any idea why there is this discrepancy? any help is appreciated.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
(11-08-2012 12:46 PM)crisg_4984 Wrote:  i have a samsung galaxy s 3 that i purchased last week. the day i bought it, i checked esn/meid with checkesnfree...it came back clean. i am aware of sprint system being down this morning and previously...now i checked the esn again and it comes back bad. i called sprint and they say its not been reported lost or stolen, and its eligible to be added to an account. i need to make sure because i have it listed on ebay as clean esn and dont want to be burned if it turns out its bad. any idea why there is this discrepancy? any help is appreciated.

You're right. There's some issue. I checked some phones that were showing up as bad esn, but when I checked with Sprint, they said they were clean. I am not sure what's going on, but this esn checker is not accurate.

11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
i'm also getting the same thing. checkesnfree said it was bad esn but when i called sprint they told me it was a clean esn

11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
As the other post says, we are on Sprints old system. It is showing the esn tied to an account IF it is coming back as bad.

Read the other existing posts before crying in a new thread.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)