Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost Stolen IMEI Showing As Clean
03-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 in White. Verizon says it is clean, and this site says it is clean. I understand that this site will show what Verizon shows, however, when I put my SIM in, it suspends my account, and THEN Verizon is able to tell me it is lost or stolen.

The IMEI is 990001150562775.

Any reason it is STILL showing up clean, even after they said it is lost or stolen? Any help would be appreciated.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2013, 07:35 AM
I have no idea why Verizon's server isn't flagging the device so that it shows up bad. This is the first case I've actually heard of a Verizon account being suspended when putting an active SIM into a phone in this type of situation, especially if the phone is showing up lost/stolen on their end but not in the portal.

03-28-2013, 10:18 AM
(03-27-2013 05:43 PM)stryd3r Wrote:  I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 in White. Verizon says it is clean, and this site says it is clean. I understand that this site will show what Verizon shows, however, when I put my SIM in, it suspends my account, and THEN Verizon is able to tell me it is lost or stolen.

The IMEI is 990001150562775.

Any reason it is STILL showing up clean, even after they said it is lost or stolen? Any help would be appreciated.

Is it actually suspending your account or is it just giving you a message like "your phone number is either invalid or not active"?

The reason I ask is I had an S3 that was showing clean and gave me that message when I put my sim card in. 4G LTE would work but calls and texts would not go through at all and I wrongly assumed it was Blacklisted. Come to find out, it had been flashed to another carrier although it gave me a Verizon "message" when trying to make a call.

The Verizon operator may be speculating when telling you it is lost or stolen. Do a google search for flashing back to verizon. You can Odin flash the original firmware and radios to it and might be able to get it going.

Hope this helps.

03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
The techs at Verizon said it was clean. I told them to hold on so I could put my sim card in. After 2 minutes, she says "Ok, it was just flagged as lost stolen. My sim would not work in either my razr Maxx or the s3.

03-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Very strange. Especially since it is still showing clean on this site.

03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
It isn't just clean here, its clean on the dealer portal too.

03-28-2013, 08:43 PM
My phone was stolen and I ported my number to another carrier. Customer service at Tmobil told me it was turn off but wasnt. Had to make several calls and trasfers to get them to blacklist it because it was not insured...I think they just want to keep it alive for some else to use it.. And I checked right after I hung up and it was bricked right away..but what a hassleAngry

04-13-2013, 06:12 PM
(03-28-2013 04:16 PM)stryd3r Wrote:  The techs at Verizon said it was clean. I told them to hold on so I could put my sim card in. After 2 minutes, she says "Ok, it was just flagged as lost stolen. My sim would not work in either my razr Maxx or the s3.

This just happened to me too dude.. I dunno WTF were going to do now.. lost or stolen phones are showing as clean UNTIL an active LTE sim is put into the phone.. its baffled every Verizon cust serv rep and even my friends who are salesmen at Verizon.. this is a huge problem for resellers like myself.. some of the nicest stuff I get is Verizon LTE phones :\

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)