Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clean ESN wont activate after repaired...
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Not sure if this is in the right forum; if not I'm sorry Sad

Last fall my earpiece speaker went out in my verizon iPhone 4s and in the process of trying to fix it, I messed up the battery connection. I sent the phone to myibroke.com to have it fixed. They sent it back once and it activated fine, but the speaker was still broken. I told them this and they had me send it back. The second time they sent it back, the speaker was fixed but now the phone simply would not activate. I called verizon, went to a store, tried every type of reset, etc, and nothing would work. I told myibroke and they told me to send it back again. They said they found no issues with the phone but for good measure, they replaced the antennas.

I got the phone back today and sure enough it STILL will not activate. Just tries and then gives me the message that it was unsuccessful. I checked the ESN and it is clean as it should be, (I'm the only owner of this phone). MyiBroke.com assures me that there is NO reason why the phone shouldn't activate, but neither me, nor the customer service line, nor the verizon store can get it to activate.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks for the help, this is driving me crazy. I've been dealing with this since November!

-Nick-

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
What are you trying to do, to get it to activate?

Is it failing to provision after you add the ESN to your account?

Have you done a factory reset on the phone? Maybe do a full wipe?

04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
(04-01-2013 12:36 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  What are you trying to do, to get it to activate?

Is it failing to provision after you add the ESN to your account?

Have you done a factory reset on the phone? Maybe do a full wipe?

The phone is already linked to my account. At the moment I'm using a different borrowed iPhone but the phone I'm trying to activate is still on my account. I've done a full factory restore and everything. It's just that as it goes through the activation it says that the activation failed and to call a 1-800 number. Called the number and they couldn't fix it and told me to go to a store. Went to the store and they didn't know what was wrong either. They just kept saying "well the SIM card is in, it's connected to the Internet/computer (depending on which method they tried) so it should just activate. Don't know why it's not." It's driving me crazy. I'm worried I'm just screwed.

04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Can you PM or Email me the MEID or IMEI of the phone please?

04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
(04-01-2013 01:59 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Can you PM or Email me the MEID or IMEI of the phone please?

PM Sent!

04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
(04-01-2013 01:59 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Can you PM or Email me the MEID or IMEI of the phone please?
I have experiencing the same issue. Any resolution?

04-19-2013, 01:40 AM
I too am having an activation issue, except mine wont activate after a restore from a jailbreak. I am the only one that has owned my phone so I have no clue why its not activating.

04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
(04-19-2013 01:40 AM)Xiphus Wrote:  I too am having an activation issue, except mine wont activate after a restore from a jailbreak. I am the only one that has owned my phone so I have no clue why its not activating.

Yours seems to sound like an issue with the firmware and not the service... Maybe an AKey issue.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)