Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Verizon iPhone 5
04-15-2013, 07:40 PM
What options do I have to use a Verizon iPhone 5?

I'm in NYC so ATT & VZW def have the best coverage.
I currently been a ST (nokia e71 sim) 2yrs on ATT iPhone4s but the network is becoming slower and slower but signal(Bars) is better than my contract Sprint Blackberry Bold 9930. Contract ends this august.

I've kept ST for so long because in 2011 i was getting steady 5-7mbps down 1-2mbps up on speedtest and now none of the download speedtest even get a # only upload. I been using mobilespeedtest.com and thats still getting the same speed but most of the time now its becoming 3-5mbps. Bought a 3 months plan for $99 so couldn't say no to that.

Now that I been researching other prepaid providers that are offering more data and better value.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 08:43 PM
The decision is up to you, but do remember most prepaid services run on the big 4 networks.

So be sure if you're switching from one to another that you're not going to the same network.

For instance if you went from the e71 sim which operates on the AT&T network to another prepaid service that operates on the AT&T network, you won't gain anything.

04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Yea I kinda want to put Page Plus on the VZW i5 but i heard thats not possible, heard ATT GoPhone PrePaid is a possibility but their smartphone plan only offers 1gb and the $50 plan the data part is a 50/50 chance that works according to what I'm reading.

What do u recommend ?

04-15-2013, 10:51 PM
GoPhone, Straight Talk (8901 sim) which is what you have, is the exact same service. Both run on AT&T.

04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
(04-15-2013 10:51 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  GoPhone, Straight Talk (8901 sim) which is what you have, is the exact same service. Both run on AT&T.

I kinda want to drift away from ST, they've changed the throttle from 2gb to 1 or 1.5gb now. Does AT&T GoPhone throttles?

Can I put Solavei or Tmobile sim ?
Unlimited 4G data

04-16-2013, 07:14 PM
I've not yet hit any throttle on Straight Talk BYOD (ATT) and I've done over 1gb each month.

As far as I know, you can use a T-Mobile SIM but you most likely won't get LTE service since the phone uses a different LTE frequency.

04-18-2013, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 10:39 PM by robnyc.)
Hey deathtrip

bought a tmobile i5
My friend was able to hook me up and gave me a discount with the $60 pre-paid plan

Funny thing happening I don't get any results for speedtest app (Download tab) on my 4s ST but upload i get results, so i visit mobilespeedtest.com

And now on my tmobile iphone5 speedtest app works (speeds vary so much from 1mbps to 12mbps fastest) but mobilespeedtest.com on browser doesn't load up lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)