Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Galaxy S3 on prepaid?
05-04-2013, 08:15 PM
QUESTION: I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a friend.. Is it possible to activate under Verizon prepaid by putting a Verizon prepaid sim in the slot? Or what would need to be done for prepaid services in general?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Verizon has prepaid LTE service?

If so, the SIM should work fine if the phone is a clean IMEI phone.

05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
(05-04-2013 08:15 PM)avy86 Wrote:  QUESTION: I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a friend.. Is it possible to activate under Verizon prepaid by putting a Verizon prepaid sim in the slot? Or what would need to be done for prepaid services in general?

I don't think Verizon has prepaid LTE phone service, so using that will be out of the question. Verizon's only phones to operate on SIM cards are the LTE phones. Global phones don't necessarily require the global SIM to be present to operate on Verizon's U.S. network. None of their prepaid phones should require a SIM.

I believe, however, that you could use just about any 3G only smartphone on the Prepaid service. Just note: In doing that, you wouldn't be able to return the phone to standard non-prepaid (Postpaid) service for a minimum of a few months. Ultimately, you would be advised to contact Verizon, prior to purchase, to see if you could activate it on prepaid.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)