Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CHECK BAD ESN. Verizon told different story
06-03-2013, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 09:33 PM by kiemtra.)
I checked the esn here. It said Bad ESN. I called Verizon customer service up. The REP on the phone said it was not lost/stolen but it is on a bad account for some reasons she could not tell me why. I gave it one more try. I called Customer service again and this time another REP told me it was clean and ready to activate. She said "I am positive it is clean". who told the truth? Please help me

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Call back and ask again. You can also PM or email me the ESN.

06-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Their system shows the IMEI as active, but the MEID as inactive.

I can't say which one is accurate or which one is false.

I would say whenever something like this happens, that you should call Verizon to double check, atleast until they fix whatever causes this issue.

Verizon just did a lot of changes recently so maybe other problems will be addressed soon.

06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
(06-04-2013 07:06 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Their system shows the IMEI as active, but the MEID as inactive.

I can't say which one is accurate or which one is false.

I would say whenever something like this happens, that you should call Verizon to double check, atleast until they fix whatever causes this issue.

Verizon just did a lot of changes recently so maybe other problems will be addressed soon.
Thank you for your help.

06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I am having this same issue on several Verizon phones since the update. I've upset a few customers telling them their esn is bad and then Verizon says it is clean.

06-04-2013, 09:58 PM
The issue regarding IMEIs showing bad when their MEID shows clean has been common with VZW for a while now. Just read the Verizon thread.

06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I've just never run into it before. I'll check both from now on. What about HEX on like a Droid 3? I have one showing bad but perhaps it might not be or it probably is? I plan on calling my Verizon agent tomorrow on it.

06-09-2013, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 01:44 PM by Makenshi.)
Hi,

I have a very similar issue with the OP. I checked the MEID for an Verizon iPhone 4S and it showed bad. Called Verizon and they said it was either Active or Tied to another account. Called the original owner and they swear up and down that Verizon is telling them it's clean and good to be activated, so I tried calling Verizon back again today.

Now, they are saying the same thing the original owner is telling me, that it's good and ready to be activated and maybe the BadESN is just not updating. Is there a way to force Verizon to update the ESN status? I am pretty nervous trying to activate it on my own line or resell (which I'm leaning towards now) it with a badESN status showing. I should also mention that it's said badESN since I checked over a week ago so I am starting to doubt the validity of VZW rep's statement.

MEID is 990001884705153, shows badESN.
IMEI is 990001884705153, shows invalidESN.

06-09-2013, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 11:27 PM by Athletichunta.)
The Verizon esn check is showing bad for the last 2 phones I tested but the esns were good and fine.

The esn checker for me has been completey wrong.

NCIC is reporting good tho and have been accurate so far for me.

Does anyone know what NCIC actually is tho?. I honestly don't know

06-10-2013, 08:08 AM
NCIC is the FBI stolen articles database.

Can you provide me the ESNs...?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)