Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Check if cricket phones are stolen
07-17-2013, 05:42 AM
I am a buyer and reseller of smartphones and recently I have had many new or near new cricket phones offered to me. When I check the esns here or even with a cricket store they say clean meaning not on an account, but then I resell them and have had several customers wanting a refund because cricket says they cannot be activated because they were stolen from a store's inventory. This has been the case with every cricket phone I have bought in the past month and do not want to buy any more cricket phones if theres no way to know if they are stolen or not. Is there some way to find out what cricket phones are lost/stolen instead of just checking if they are currently activated or not?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
(07-17-2013 05:42 AM)rehmarkable Wrote:  I am a buyer and reseller of smartphones and recently I have had many new or near new cricket phones offered to me. When I check the esns here or even with a cricket store they say clean meaning not on an account, but then I resell them and have had several customers wanting a refund because cricket says they cannot be activated because they were stolen from a store's inventory. This has been the case with every cricket phone I have bought in the past month and do not want to buy any more cricket phones if theres no way to know if they are stolen or not. Is there some way to find out what cricket phones are lost/stolen instead of just checking if they are currently activated or not?

So is that a no then???

07-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Correct.

Cricket does not provide the results to lost or stolen devices at this time.

08-30-2013, 09:46 PM
I just bought a kyocera hydro for Cricket and tried to activate it. I put in the MEID number to make sure it was clean before I called and it was clean. When I tried to get it activated they said It was connected to an account. What do i do?? I tried to contact the seller but they are out of town until next week and was hoping to have phone up and running. MEID: 268435459916292112 Please help!!

08-31-2013, 07:36 AM
I just checked and that MEID is clean on Cricket's end.

If you would find it more convenient to activate it, use MyCricket.com and do it online.

12-04-2013, 09:23 AM
cricket phones that are in stores inventory can be activated at that store only, not any other store. so if for example i go to a cricket store and buy a phone without immediately switching it onto my account i must go back to the same store when i am ready.

you may also be able to activate/swap esn onto the phone by calling it in or going to a corporate store.

whenever cricket has a big promotional that does not require new activation lots of 'brand new like condition' phones flood the second hand market. unfortunately if these phones are switched onto and than removed from an account immediately(to get the promo price but keep using the old phone and sell the new one) they remain tied to or placed back into the stores inventory that sold them. no other dealer can activate or esn swap them.

if you end up in the situation of buying one of these handsets call 1-800-cricket or 611(from your cricket phone) and tech support should be able to help you activate or esn swap the handset. unfortunately if you are a re-seller i do not believe there is anything you can do to change the status of the handsets prior to selling them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)