Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T-Mobile USA blocked my IMEI #
09-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Can`t believe this , T-Mobile fraudulently reported my phones IMEI # lost to a black list now they say they can`t fix it that i have to take the loss of $700 phone ,that is very wrong?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
T-Mobile isn't going to just add your IMEI to the blacklist.

It was either reported to them as lost or stolen by someone, and if you bought the phone USED then the person you got it from reported it, most likely.

If you got the phone new, you should take it to a T-Mobile corporate store and ask them to look into the matter. They can see when it was first issued, to what account, what SIM, etc. If you can prove it was all in your name, and that you never reported it, then there shouldn't be a problem, and it may have been done in error by someone entering an incorrect IMEI, not on purpose.

09-03-2013, 06:11 PM
(09-03-2013 04:05 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  T-Mobile isn't going to just add your IMEI to the blacklist.

It was either reported to them as lost or stolen by someone, asaid you bought the phone USED then the person you got it from reported it, mexpensive likely.

If you got the phone new, you should take it to a T-Mobile corporate store and ask them to look into the matter. They can see when it was first issued, to what account, what SIM, etc. If you can prove it was all in your name, and that you never reported it, then there shouldn't be a problem, and it may have been done in error by someone entering an incorrect IMEI, not on purpose.

New phone from ATT store, unlocked, used it on metro for 14days then go a message mm6# looked it up phone had ben reported lost and my imei blocked . Went to tmobile today they said it was a typo error hope they can fix it ,they telling me I have a very expensive paper weigh .

09-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Make sure you goto a corporate store. Also, if you speak spanish natively, be sure to get someone who speaks spanish to help you, to avoid confusion.

09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Well the phone is still blocked on t-mobile and metro pcs networks=blacklisted as lost, went to AT&T store today according to them the phone or IMEI # is clear to work in their network the rep. tried is sim and it works so I sold the phone to a friend that uses at&t and gave her the receipt. But i`m still going to keep checking with T-mobile to see if it ever clears from the list ,they told me in 7 days but i doubt it will happen.

09-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Well we know it isn't blacklisted else it wouldn't work on AT&T's network.

09-09-2013, 11:16 PM
(09-09-2013 11:05 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Well we know it isn't blacklisted else it wouldn't work on AT&T's network.

It is so blacklisted ,thats why i can`t use it with tmobile or metropcs due to a mistake by tmobile witch it din`t clear yet but it din`t affect att networks. i have gone to tmobile numerous times every time they check its blacklisted wen i check here it also reports as black listed .

09-10-2013, 04:46 AM
That is different, they blocked it, not blacklisted it. If it were "blacklisted" it wouldn't work with AT&T either.

07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
(09-10-2013 04:46 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  That is different, they blocked it, not blacklisted it. If it were "blacklisted" it wouldn't work with AT&T either.

Jus a little curious where do you get your info from when it comes to phones being blacklisted? I've been a wireless dealer for years now and never heard the stuff that your saying. Just because AT&T, T-Mobile or even Verizon blacklisted a phone does mean you can't use it on another carrier. Blacklist means the carrier blocks it on their network only. They cant stop it from working on another network. 1 because there different networks 2 there gsm radio frequency is different from carrier except metro and T-Mobile cause there one company. I have plenty of blacklisted imei Verizon iPhone 5 & 5s that i sell to be used on T-Mobile and AT&T but cant be activated on verizon. Think you should rethink what you say and before you say it cause you really don't know what your talking bout and ppl that don't know where are jus going to believe you cause you act lik you know

07-07-2014, 11:56 AM
(07-07-2014 11:39 AM)unlockwireless Wrote:  Jus a little curious where do you get your info from when it comes to phones being blacklisted? I've been a wireless dealer for years now and never heard the stuff that your saying. Just because AT&T, T-Mobile or even Verizon blacklisted a phone does mean you can't use it on another carrier. Blacklist means the carrier blocks it on their network only. They cant stop it from working on another network. 1 because there different networks 2 there gsm radio frequency is different from carrier except metro and T-Mobile cause there one company. I have plenty of blacklisted imei Verizon iPhone 5 & 5s that i sell to be used on T-Mobile and AT&T but cant be activated on verizon. Think you should rethink what you say and before you say it cause you really don't know what your talking bout and ppl that don't know where are jus going to believe you cause you act lik you know

I'm going to quote you so that I can preserve what you've just said.

In October/November of 2012, T-Mobile and AT&T were required to participate in the G.S.M.A's IMEI Blacklist database for lost or stolen devices. Anytime a phone was reported lost or stolen, the carrier would update the device information on the G.S.M.A's servers which would be shared between eachother. So, if you reported a phone as stolen to AT&T, that phone's IMEI would be flagged on the G.S.M.A server which would prevent it from being used on AT&T and now T-Mobile. If you tried to activate the device on T-Mobile, it would fail because they would check to see if it's been flagged on the G.S.M.A's server once it tried to register to the network. At times there were delays in the device being blocked from the network, days, weeks, even a month, but eventually things have been worked out and it's pretty instantaneous now.

Fast forward now to October/November 2013 when Sprint and Verizon were required to participate in the G.S.M.A's IMEI Blacklist database. Now, any LTE (IMEI based device) that is reported lost or stolen on Sprint and Verizon goes onto this same database causing the device to no longer be usable on any other carrier who participates in the G.S.M.A's IMEI Blacklist program. So if you report a device as lost/stolen on Sprint, it can't be used on Verizon (again, LTE/IMEI devices) - and now - you can't even use them on AT&T or T-Mobile (even if the device supported that carriers frequencies).

So you see, no more can you use a device from any of the 4 major carriers (as of right now) that has been reported as lost or stolen, be it stolen on Sprint, and trying to use on T-Mobile, or stolen on AT&T and trying to use it on Verizon, etc, etc.

Also, while I'm not 100% positive yet if Canadian and US carriers are sharing eachothers info, I do know that a few T-Mobile devices we've possessed that were flagged as stolen did also come back stolen on the Canadian database, but not all do as of yet.

The difference between "blacklisted" and "badESN" is where I believe your confusion comes in. Blacklisted means lost or stolen. A badESN device on Verizon just means someone didn't pay their bill/ETF etc... this device is still elligbile to be used on any other carrier that it is compatible with as long as it's not an MVNO of the initial carrier. For instance, if a device is "badESN" for Verizon (meaning the device is tied to an account in some way) - it won't be usable on PagePlus until it's removed from the Verizon account.

Thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)