Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Once Clean always clean?
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Yesterday I checked an esn on an iPhone 4 on Verizon. It came back clean. Today when double checking, it came back as unclean. I was always under the impression that if it came back clean that there was no way for it to go bad unless it gets reactivated onto an account. Am I wrong or was there just a delay in the system showing it as unclean?

Thanks!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
There can be delays, but usually they are within minutes of the phone being deactivated.

Are you sure you entered the ESN correctly both times?

I don't usually see an ESN go bad a day after it was good unless someone reported it stolen, or it was activated.

03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes. I definitely entered it correctly both times. It was sold to me yesterday as a bad esn phone but was good when I checked it yesterday, last night and again this morning before shipping it out. According to Verizon CS it is now on the lost or stolen list. I guess I should have activated it on my account for a few days first. Oh well, it has already been sold and shipped. Time to get ready for a refund. I was just under the assumption that it could not be blacklisted after it had been taken off an account. I learn something new every day in this game.

Anyways, thanks for the help and thanks for the site! It has saved me tons of time, headaches and money!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)