Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Verizon Proof of ESN Status Possible, Any Ideas?
09-13-2013, 10:45 AM
So...

The print function is definitely useful, as it provides a timestamp of the checked status of the IMEI/ESN, as it helps solves disputes, etc. But, of course, Sprint is down, and Verizon sometimes has call checks.

Does anybody have any ideas on how we could validate Verizon/Sprint ESN's, especially Verizon ESN's, so that there is a timestamp proof of the checked status of ESN's.

It sucks there isn't way when you call a Verizon/Sprint rep, they couldn't email you a log or something like that of the conversation, as proof of ESN status.

Definitely would be helpful with eBay disputes, irate Craigslist purchasers, etc.

I know I've gotten burned by someone activating then reporting the phone stolen, then trying to return it to me.

Any ideas out there?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Sprint has been functional for over a week now.

As for time-stamping ESN checking, you CAN do so with Sprint as long as you use their live-chat and ask a rep to validate the ESN. There is a Case/Chat ID and each chat is recorded, and can be pulled anytime by Sprint customer service.

As for Verizon, I don't know of any method for time-stamping ESN checks with them.

However, after reading your post, I decided to add the ability to view the results as an image, which will then allow you to SAVE the image of the results to your PC and thus allowing you to use the image on forums, classifieds, ebay, craigslist, your own website, whatever you need to do, without having to go through all the trouble to screen-scrape the page, etc.

This should help with time stamping a little?

09-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the heads up about the Sprint Live-Chat.

And i should have seen Sprint was functional, consider I am on this site every day Wink

Screen Scrape = Awesome feature Makes for easy sharing.

Thanks Death, you are the best ^_^

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)