Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blackberry with straight
03-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Can straight talk work with blackberry phones

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Yes, but note you need modified service books for the web, and you will not have the actual blackberry services.

03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
(03-13-2012 08:26 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Yes, but note you need modified service books for the web, and you will not have the actual blackberry services.

Are these the same service books you provided over on Hofo.

03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
The ones for Straight Talk, yes.

08-15-2012, 06:40 AM
I was reading about your service book testing at HOFO and noticed something happened over there and was wondering if you ever got them to work? The link for the browser one is dead and I would really like to get browser and mms to work on my 8820 with ST. I would be willing to try some testing if you had the time. Thanks

08-15-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.deathtrip.org/misc/straight2_1.ipd

Download from site, upload to phone, edit APN values, select "deathtrip" as the default browser.

Data works with default browser, but no MMS. I'm not interested in working on them anymore, but maybe you can find someone else who is.

Also, MCRWireless who is also banned on HoFo claimed to have got MMS working, but never produced the service books or any proof, just "claimed"... might try getting in contact with him.

08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Cool, thanks for that, I'll put those on the BB. You wouldn't be interested in explaining to me a bit about editing sb's would you? I looked over the ones you were testing before with magicberry but didn't quite understand them. If not thats fine. Thanks again

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)