Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IMEI Blacklist
11-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I had my Verizon iPhone 5 stolen a while back, I reported it stolen to Verizon, but is it also to get it put on the IMEI Blacklist?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
(11-22-2013 05:33 PM)Harrison Taylor Wrote:  I had my Verizon iPhone 5 stolen a while back, I reported it stolen to Verizon, but is it also to get it put on the IMEI Blacklist?

I don't think that Verizon shares their blacklist with the National IMEI Blacklist at this time BUT if it was reported stolen to Verizon it will be on Verizon's Blacklist and will be unable to be used on the Verizon system.

You can check the IMEI against Verizon's system here http://www.checkesnfree.com Be sure to check the Verizon tab.

11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
(11-22-2013 06:13 PM)Harvis912 Wrote:  
(11-22-2013 05:33 PM)Harrison Taylor Wrote:  I had my Verizon iPhone 5 stolen a while back, I reported it stolen to Verizon, but is it also to get it put on the IMEI Blacklist?

I don't think that Verizon shares their blacklist with the National IMEI Blacklist at this time BUT if it was reported stolen to Verizon it will be on Verizon's Blacklist and will be unable to be used on the Verizon system.

You can check the IMEI against Verizon's system here http://www.checkesnfree.com Be sure to check the Verizon tab.
Already done that, I'm trying to see if it can be added to the IMEI Blacklist as well.

11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Verizon will be adding IMEIs to the IMEI Blacklist soon, however as of right now (as far as I'm aware) they are not yet doing so.

The last report I had from CTIA was that it would be done by December 2013, but not sure of the exact date. Not only that, but we don't know if they're going to add IMEIs that were reported stolen prior to the date they start reporting, or if they're only going to add IMEIs from the association date.

Right now, with Sprint and Verizon, it's a waiting game on their association to the IMEI Blacklist.

Also note, you can add it to the MyStolenPhone.com database.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)