Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Verizon Negative Account
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know about the Verizon Negative account? Apparently it does not show up as blacklisted but will not let phone work. From what the Verizon Rep was saying if the phone has an account and got behind on payments it went into negative account. I'm confused maybe someone can enlighten me.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Yup.

Lets say you sign up for Verizon, get a phone, use it for a while and stop paying Verizon.

Verizon is going to prevent the phone from being used until that account is closed, which requires paying the final bill which likely includes a hefty early termination fee.

This generally is the reason for more than half the "badESN" results you'll have.

07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
(12-11-2013 01:04 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Yup.

Lets say you sign up for Verizon, get a phone, use it for a while and stop paying Verizon.

Verizon is going to prevent the phone from being used until that account is closed, which requires paying the final bill which likely includes a hefty early termination fee.

This generally is the reason for more than half the "badESN" results you'll have.

Is this also true for LTE (GSM) devices? The ones that, in my experience, can be removed from the account by taking the SIM card out? As far as I know AT&T / T-Mobile don't block phones for non payment unless it's a 'financed' phone... is Verizon different? Should I now be concerned that when I buy a Verizon LTE phone that shows clean, it could be blocked in a few months due to non payment?

07-11-2014, 12:06 AM
I'm not 100% sure on how Verizon handles their LTE devices. At one point they'd attach the 14 digit MEID of the LTE device to an account and handle it the same way as any CDMA device, but then at another point I'd seen some Verizon LTE devices that were being used with a Verizon LTE SIM but had a clean MEID and IMEI. Hopefully someone else who deals more with Verizon devices will chime in. I personally don't mess with many handsets anymore.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)