Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AT&T iPhone 5s. Fraud? Blocked?
05-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Hello,

I'm having some problems with my AT&T iPhone 5s. I recently got it. Barely 5 weeks ago. But the person that set up my account with AT&T's service screwed everything up because he did not put my information correctly (SSN, Name, Address...). So I got an iPhone, which I can't even keep paying because they won't let me, and it is currently blocked (or perhaps blacklisted, or just the SIM's service went off?). What they told me is that once it is on fraud, I can't do anything about it; and I lost my phone number as well.

What I understand is that the phone has to be reported as stolen or lost, in order for it to be blacklisted. And that if it's blocked for non-payment (and maybe fraud, I'm not sure), it will just be blocked for the career (AT&T in this case).

What I don't know is if it's truly blocked and not blacklisted (I checked and this site says it is OK), and if, supposing it is only blocked for AT&T, if I will be able to unlock it and then use it with T-Mobile.

Any ideas or answers?

PS: This "service cut" happened less than 48 hours ago.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Erm, I'd be more concerned about what happened and getting that resolved than unlocking it to use with T-Mobile.

Anyway, as long as it isn't blacklisted, it can ve used on any other network that supports it.

05-01-2014, 02:10 PM
(05-01-2014 05:07 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  Erm, I'd be more concerned about what happened and getting that resolved than unlocking it to use with T-Mobile.

Anyway, as long as it isn't blacklisted, it can ve used on any other I couldn't use my phone without unlocking it, and that that would cost me network that supports it.

Thanks for your fast reply deathtrip.

What happened was that the person who opened my line used my second last name and an incorrect SSN, and my account went to fraud and then it got closed. The two lines I had now do not work. I went to the authorized retailer store where I opened my line and they even suggested me to go to another career because there was nothing I could do once fraud put their hands under the issue. I went to a corporate store to make sure, and we called Costumer Support, just to be told that the SSN they put was all 0's and that again, there was nothing I could do but to open a new line with them and check my credit to see if a deposit would me necessary and that kind of stuff, the same process. The guy told me that around $60. He also said that it would have a bad IMEI. At the end, they told me there wasn't another solution to my problem.

Anyway, it seems that my credit won't be affected and that I stay to keep the phone, but is there any way I can know if for sure it is going to get blacklisted? I've read it doesn't happen that quick.

05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
A phone can only be "blacklisted" if it is reported as lost or stolen. To report the phone as stolen if it wasn't stolen would be fraudulent.

05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Alright, thanks!

I'll report what happens to my phone and how it works in the next days so that anyone who has
a similar problem would know what to do.

I think I'll go ahead and IMEI unlock it, and then use it with T-Mobile.

05-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Don't it's not going to work because Att tmobile verizon and sprint all share black list and bad esn info you can flash it

05-03-2014, 09:15 PM
(05-03-2014 01:49 PM)bigpete1123 Wrote:  Don't it's not going to work because Att tmobile verizon and sprint all share black list and bad esn info you can flash it

Uh, only for lost or stolen phones.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)