Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ESN clean here, but cannot be activated in Sprint.
04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi, this is a great site for ESN check-up.

I bought 3 used phones, and all 3 ESNs show clean in your site, but all 3 phones cannot be activated in Sprint network.

I tried to swap phone in my personal Sprint account with the same ENSs, but got the message "Sorry, we couldn't find the code you entered. Please try again."

Not sure why there is a discrepancy between your site and Sprint site.

I also tried Sprint CS by phone several times without success. They told me these phones may be still active on other accounts.

I think Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin use different phones, which are not interchangeable. For example, Boost Mobile phone cannot be used in Sprint account. Not sure why you put them in the same category. Can you separate them so that we can know exactly the phone belongs to Sprint, Boost Mobile or Virgin, etc?

The phones I got do not have any carrier's logo on the body (unbranded phones). Is it right that all Sprint phones have Sprint logo, and any phones without Sprint logo cannot work in Sprint?

The ESNs are:

Thank you!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
The issue regarding Sprint is that all Sprint phones, and all of their MVNO phones are listed in the same database.

Sprint registers all Sprint and Sprint MVNO ESNs, even Virgin/Boost/PlatinumTel, etc.

This is why we can check each and everyone at one time.

If the phone doesn't have any branding info on it, there's no way to know which carrier it belongs to without calling all of them (Sprint MVNOs).

Also remember, there are some Sprint MVNOs such as iWirelessHome.com who sell Sprint branded phones, that have been removed from Sprint's activation list. This means that while the ESN is still controlled in Sprint's database, it can no longer be used at Sprint, only iWirelessHome.

Can you give me some more info about the ESNs you posted?

04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Thank you for your reply.

The 3 phones are Sanyo SCP-3810 Mirro CDMA flip phone with bluetooth and 1.0mp camera. There is "Sanyo" logo in front and back of front. There is no cellphone carrier logo anywhere. When I turn on the phones, the screen shows "Sanyo" logo, then "Mirro 3810", then main screen (Sanyo logo, date/time, favorites and contacts). There is no cellphone carrier logo on screen either after turning on.

I would appreciate it if your could tell which carrier the phones belong to.

04-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Okay, CredoWireless is a Sprint MVNO. That means they activate their phones in Sprint's database.

They are the only other Sprint MVNO, besides Boost, that I can see that uses the Mirro.

I tried calling them but the woman I spoke to didn't have any idea how to verify if the phone was from them, and I had other things to do than wait on hold any longer.

Might try calling them and asking if they can help you.

04-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I went into phone's setting, and found out the phone # for these 3 phones. I did the reverse phone search, and found the following facts:

ESN: 268435457807735925, and Phone#: 505-231-9360, belongs to Verizon Wireless.

ESN: 268435457807735852, and Phone#: 936-250-0802, belongs to Sprint PCS.

ESN: 268435457806419519, and Phone#: 510-812-5567, belongs to Sprint Nextel.

All 3 ESNs came out clean in Sprint category in your website, and all 3 ESNs cannot be found in my Sprint account phone swap and by Sprint CSR.

I think there is some inaccuracy in your website, and wonder why.

04-18-2012, 06:06 PM
You can't go by what a reverse lookup says of a phone number.

You can do one on my cell phone number and it shows Sprint LLC, but yet I'm on AT&T.

Numbers are ported around in the market, from carrier to carrier, or registrar to registrar.

All three ESNs you provided are IN Sprint's database. They are NOT usable on Sprint, but on a Sprint MVNO, which is a reseller of services using Sprint's network.

I've already explained to you that the Sprint database holds ESNs for Sprint, VirginMobileUSA, BoostMobile, Kajeet, iWirelessHome, Credo, and many more because all of these services run on the Sprint network.

There isn't any inaccuracy of the website, the only thing we don't know is what subscriber the phone belongs to.

04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
After making another call to Credo Wireless, I have discovered that all three phones are from Credo Wireless, as I suggested lastnight.

These two numbers are still active accounts at Credo, 505-231-9360 and 510-812-5567, while 936-250-0802 is no longer active. This throws out your reverse lookup theory.

Again, as I've said, since Credo operates on Sprint, their ESNs are in the Sprint database. Unfortunately we have no way of know what ESN goes to what MVNO of Sprint unless Sprint's system tells us, which it doesn't.

Before you blame my service for being inaccurate or having discrepancies, try following up with what I suggested.

Thanks though for your understanding. Smile

04-19-2012, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 04:42 PM by mm2wu.)
Thank you very much!
I can understand one ESN is clean because of "936-250-0802 is no longer active in Credo wireless.)

But if "These two numbers are still active accounts at Credo, 505-231-9360 and 510-812-5567", why do these two ESNs show up clean in your website?

Thanks.

04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Because those are the phone numbers, and they still belong to someone.

They simply did a device change and put a different phone on their account, and took the Mirro off their account.

That's why the Mirro's you have aren't tied to their account anymore, IE showing they are clean.

04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I really appreciate the great help from you. I learnt a lot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)