Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AT&T Next Program - Is Financed Check?
06-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Similar to T-Mobile, AT&T is now financing phones with the Next program.

There is a check for T-Mobile phones to see if they are financed, the question is; can or will AT&T phones also be able to be checked to see if they are financed?

I have spoke with someone at AT&T and I was told they cannot tell you if a phone is being financed, only if it is currently blocked. This undoubtedly is going to cause a lot of issues as everyone is used to checking AT&T phones to see if they are currently Blacklisted but not if they are being financed meaning they will likely be blocked in the future when the person financing the phone stops paying the monthly installments.

I do realize I answered my own question but the real question is mostly for the administrator Deathtrip, do you expect a checker for this anytime soon as this is going to start causing a lot of problems for a lot of people with no check for this?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Is there going to be an IMEI check that shows if AT&T phones are financed?

08-02-2014, 08:06 AM
We're not sure yet.

We've been waiting for some form of access, but we're not receiving much information from AT&T.

There IS an automated way to know if a phone is financed with AT&T but it's not instant, yet.

If you have any IMEIs that you know can't be activated on AT&T - you can PM them to me for testing when the service is available.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)