Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sprint now blocking financed phones?
10-20-2015, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 08:40 AM by topurdue.)
(10-19-2015 11:17 PM)deathtrip Wrote:  Sprint can, and has blocked new devices that were purchased and swapped out before letting the account drop or goto collection.

I've seen Sprint block these devices personally, especially back when the ability to migrate SPCS devices to PLBL was becoming wildly popular.

I still don't believe it and here's why: I have Sprint. I've sold hundred's of Sprint phones personally. They are almost always new, or newer ones that are under contract. I always, add them to my account and then remove them before selling. I've had zero of them blocked in 4 years. So, I have a hard time believing that they are going to retroactively blocked a phone that has been removed from the original account and activated on another account due to non payment. I don't believe that, and I won't, because I've had vast personal experience doing just what I've said. Now if you are saying it was migrated over to another carrier that runs on sprint tower's, but not actually with Sprint Then we are talking about two different things.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm not saying they will just gather a list of all the devices and start throwing them in a pool of disallowed devices, but with how the wireless companies are changing how they handle contracts, or devices on payment agreements, there will be a greater chance of major changes coming to how these devices are handled.

For instance, this IMEI 99000470973120, it is showing that the device does not pass "Financial Eligibility" because it is listed in Sprint's system as being purchased on a subsidized plan, and the device wasn't paid off.

10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
(10-22-2015 07:14 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  I'm not saying they will just gather a list of all the devices and start throwing them in a pool of disallowed devices, but with how the wireless companies are changing how they handle contracts, or devices on payment agreements, there will be a greater chance of major changes coming to how these devices are handled.

For instance, this IMEI 99000470973120, it is showing that the device does not pass "Financial Eligibility" because it is listed in Sprint's system as being purchased on a subsidized plan, and the device wasn't paid off.

it says:

Blacklisted Blacklisted
This device has been reported lost / stolen.
Blocked Lost / Stolen (IMEI Global)
This device is blocked by at least one carrier.
Activation Status Blocked (IMEI Global)
This device cannot be activated.

11-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Yea, however Sprint's own internal system shows that the device is NOT eligible due to financial qualifications, it doesn't show it's flagged as lost/stolen like it does on other reported devices.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)