Register

How long to remove phones from the blacklist
04-22-2018, 04:59 PM
I’ve been in a dispute with Sprint over some phones of mine that they blacklisted after they ended my service (they claim I was reselling phones I bought from them at a discount). I have all these phones, so I can check them with other carrier sims and of course on sites such as these. All the phones are paid for in full. A couple were even bought unlocked directly from Apple and not from Sprint.

I’ve been promised multiple times that my phones would be taken off the blacklist, but they are all showing up as blacklisted when I check them at Verizon or T-Mobile or sites like this. ******** finally shows a couple of the phones as clear for activation and not blacklisted but not the rest of the phones. It’s been about 2 business days (4 days total) since the last time I was promised that they were REALLY off the blacklist.

So this is my long-winded way of asking if anyone knows how long it typically takes for phones that are removed from the blacklist to finally be useable on other carriers. Should I keep waiting (1 week? 2 weeks?) or just cut my losses and sell the phones “For parts/bad IMEI" on eBay?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2018, 07:26 AM
So you're saying Sprint flagged your phones as lost or stolen, when no one had reported them as such?

If so, that is a clear violation of the National rules on blacklisting devices and should be looked into.

I've seen other carriers flag devices as lost or stolen due to disputes with customers, and it should be addressed with management, not other entry level support reps.

05-03-2018, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2018 02:17 PM by Lonelytanker.)
(05-03-2018 07:26 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  So you're saying Sprint flagged your phones as lost or stolen, when no one had reported them as such?

If so, that is a clear violation of the National rules on blacklisting devices and should be looked into.

I've seen other carriers flag devices as lost or stolen due to disputes with customers, and it should be addressed with management, not other entry level support reps.

Yes, that's exactly what they did. The phones haven't been lost or stolen. I have them in my possession, and I'm the original owner. They are all 100% paid for. And like I said, some of them weren't even bought through Sprint. I've been working with someone in Executive Support, so I'm not dealing with regular support reps. They keep saying that they've taken them off the blacklist, but other carriers still won't activate any of the phones.

I was wondering if it's possible that they did take them off the blacklist already, but that there is a multi-week lag before other carriers recognize that and allow the phones to be activated on their networks. Is there a surefire way to check whether a previously blacklisted phone has been removed from the blacklist?

Thanks for your help.

05-06-2018, 11:12 AM
(05-03-2018 08:58 AM)Lonelytanker Wrote:  
(05-03-2018 07:26 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  So you're saying Sprint flagged your phones as lost or stolen, when no one had reported them as such?

Yes, that's exactly what they did. The phones haven't been lost or stolen. I have them in my possession, and I'm the original owner. They are all 100% paid for. And like I said, some of them weren't even bought through Sprint. I've been working with someone in Executive Support, so I'm not dealing with regular support reps. They keep saying that they've taken them off the blacklist, but other carriers still won't activate any of the phones.

I was wondering if it's possible that they did take them off the blacklist already, but that there is a multi-week lag before other carriers recognize that and allow the phones to be activated on their networks. Is there a surefire way to check whether a previously blacklisted phone has been removed from the blacklist?

Thanks for your help.

Either PM me, or email us at contact@checkesnfree.com and we can help look into it for you. Be sure to include the IMEIs. Per the Blacklist requirements, the carriers are required to update every 24-48 hours, in the event a device was added/removed from the Blacklist, but we've seen some carriers like T-Mobile and Verizon take weeks to update.

05-15-2018, 02:09 AM
(05-06-2018 11:12 AM)deathtrip Wrote:  
(05-03-2018 08:58 AM)Lonelytanker Wrote:  

Thanks for your help.

Either PM me, or email us at contact@checkesnfree.com and we can help look into it for you. Be sure to include the IMEIs. Per the Blacklist requirements, the carriers are required to update every 24-48 hours, in the event a device was added/removed from the Blacklist, but we've seen some carriers like T-Mobile and Verizon take weeks to update.
Thanks. PM sent.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)